Sunday, September 11, 2005

NEVER FORGET

We were living on Cape Cod, Massachusetts at the time- I rememeber hearing the fighter jets in the sky leaving from otis Airforce Base.....(didnt think much of it)
dh was on the phone on hold, when he had a message come on and he got a news report of it, and yelled for me to turn on the tv., nickjr doesnt go off when you have a toddler, kalen was only 11 months at the time, now almost 5ys old. I put the tv on to see the second plane hit the tower- It was horrifying then the news went haywire, they switched to the pentagon, then the farm/field in PA I watched with kalen and dh in shear horror and disbelief. We watched the remainder of the day. Just cried and cried and held each other tight....., We have friends who go into NYC daily so we checked in on them by phone too.
The image of the plane will stay forever burned in my memory...........