Thursday, January 08, 2009

January In Maine

This is how I am feeling it's January in Maine---
This is a song by Patty Griffin...


"Top Of The World"
I wished I was smarter Wished I was strongerI wished I loved JesusThe way the my wife doesI wished it'd been easierInstead of any longerI wished I could've stoodWhere you would've been proudThat won't happen nowThat won't happen nowThere's a whole lot of singingThat's never gonna be heardDisappearing every dayWithout so much as a wordSomehowI think I broke the wingsOff that little songbirdAnd she's never gonna fly To the top of the world NowTo the top of the worldI don't have to answerAny of these questionsDon't have no god toTeach me no lessonsI come home in the eveningSit in my chairOne night they called me for supperBut I never got up I stayed right there In my chairThere's a whole lot of singingThat's never gonna be heardDisappearing every day Without so much as a wordSomehowI think I broke the wingsOff a little songbird And she's never gonna fly To the top of the world NowTo the top of the worldI wished I'd had known youWished I had shown youAll of the things I Was on the sideBut I'd pretend to be sleepingWhen you'd come in in the morningTo whisper goodbyeGo work in the rainI don't know whyDon't know whyCause everyone's singingWe just wanna be heardDisappearing every day Without so much as a wordSomehow?Gonna grab a holdOf that little songbird And take her for a ride To the top of the worldRight nowTo the top of the world....