Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Harvest Time


pumpkin, originally uploaded by MsMamaK.

So last week, we went to the pumpkin farm, this is an annual family tradition. The children have gone since we moved here., age seventeen months for k and since birth for s. They enjoy going not just for the farm, pick the pumpkin off the vine experience, but all of us together and the simplicity of it. Or as I would like to believe that is what they are getting from it. It is a real farm with lots of open space., old apples trees perhaps over a 100 years old. This farm has been run for generations. It will contiue as such., we were lucky enough to meet the farmer's grandson's wife, so I can imagine this farm will be here for many more years, as she was a new young mother. She gave us a small quick tour and much to my delight I saw more of the farm I never knew exisited. We all had a blast!