Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Snow on Thanksgiving Eve

Its been lightly snowing since 830am this morning here......

Have the Pumpkin pie in the oven as we speak/"write"
Feels good to bake....I enjoy baking, not cooking....The aromas of the pie and the wood stove are hypnotic.

It hasn't reached above 30 today so far, and doubt it will,
Stephen called me at lunch time told me to stoke the wood stove and put a log or two in.....Well I did and made a warm fire all by myself!!!!! I did it!

Little Steve and me waited on the back deck for Kalen's school bus, and he shoveled some snow.., kept saying "mess, mess" so very cute and so simple. This year will be fun because I think he will have a better grasp on the holidays and the snowy weather we have all too often.

As big "S" Stephen says 'Let it snow Let it snow" Bah! Too early for my taste, but what can you when you live at the frig gin North Pole!

On the eve of Thanksgiving I take the time to reflect once again how lucky and blessed I truly am. I have a wonderful family. My very own and my extended loved ones. I began to talk with my younger brother again this year after two years of silence. I have incredible friends that have endured the value and loyalty of true meaningful friendships, although they area cross the miles, we remain. I have my health, my mom and dad do as well. What more could anyone else ask for or begin to feel the sense of gratitude I have in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving.