Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

This past week down south certainly has been a rough one. I think it has brought out the best in some people and the worst in others as well. I can't get over the slow response by our federal government, our lacking of leadership within the local government to our non humatarian president. I am overwhemled with sadness and guilt that this is America 2005. This is suppose to be the best richest country in the history of the world and we have behaved like a third world country in our reaction to helping those poor people down south. I can't put into words the indescribable feeling feeling I have been overcome with. The massive destruction that has taken place and the squalor left over in its aftermath has been pure hell. It saddens me to no end. There are still people there, needing rescue. Why? Why am I feel ashamed for this country?

photos http://tinyurl.com/8lpw4